2020 Choral Festival Final Director Information
(includes Announcement/Instrumentation Sheet, program submission link and specific site details).
- Each choir must perform three selections within a time allotment of 20 minutes
- Groups may choose to attend the festival for a certificate of participation: clinic and recorded comments only.
- Groups choosing to participate for Medal and Adjudication Scores must meet the following requirements:
- At least one piece must be from the NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association) manual, from any year the manual was published. It the director's responsibility to acquire this manual. Purchase NYSSNA Manual here..
- The other two pieces should be festival-quality literature. Pop/Musical Theater pieces are not advised.
- Any High School choirs must perform at least one a cappella selection.
- Elementary School groups should consider literature at the grade 1-2 level, Middle School groups should consider literature at the grade 2-4 level, and High School groups should consider literature at the grade 3-6 level.
- Upon entering the festival, you must provide 3 original copies of each piece performed; all measures should be numbered.
- No photocopies should be used, unless it is from CPDL or the piece is out of print and you have an attached letter from the publishers confirming permission to produce copies. Using unauthorized photocopies will disqualify a group from receiving a medal-rating.