We will use the same literature requirements for 2024 as in 2023.
Final Director Information will be posted here when available. (includes Announcement/Instrumentation Sheet, program submission link and specific site details).
- Each choir must perform three selections within a time allotment of 20 minutes
- Groups may choose to attend the festival for a certificate of participation: clinic and recorded comments only.
- Groups choosing to participate for Medal and Adjudication Scores must meet the following requirements:
- For the 2023 Choral Festival, a selection from the NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association) manual is not required.
- The three repertoire selections should accurately represent the ability level and voicing of the ensemble with consideration to a wide variety of genres.
- High School choirs must perform at least one a cappella selection.
- Groups choosing to participate for “Comments Only” do not need to adhere to performance requirements. Directors may choose to perform 1,2, or 3 musical selections as long as the performance is within the 20 minute time frame allotted for each ensemble.
- Directors may choose to change from a medal rating to “Comments Only” up until the day of the festival.
- Ensembles choosing “Comments Only” may write a brief narrative to the adjudicators giving background of the ensemble and any specific feedback they are requesting.
- Elementary School groups should consider literature at the grade 1-2 level, Middle School groups should consider literature at the grade 2-4 level, and High School groups should consider literature at the grade 3-6 level.
- Upon entering the festival, you must provide 3 original copies of each piece performed; all measures should be numbered.
- No photocopies should be used, unless it is from CPDL or the piece is out of print and you have an attached letter from the publishers confirming permission to produce copies. Using unauthorized photocopies will disqualify a group from receiving a medal-rating.