For your convience we have divided positions into four different categories: Band, Strings, Vocal and General.
If you would like to have a position posted to the website please send the listing information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long Term Substitute: Music Teacher
Attleboro High School
Start Date: 8/25/2021
Duration: Approximately 12 weeks
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles.
- To identify, promote and develop each student's talents in vocal.
- Develops and administers music education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- romotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops balanced music program and lessons to organize class time so that students have adequate time for preparation, rehearsal, and instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate.
- Plans, coordinates rehearsals for, and directs students in musical programs and performances outside the classroom
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal and performances.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate music supplies and instrumental equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to play an instrument to aid in choral/vocal.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus as needed.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- bility to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- MA Certification as a Music Teacher.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Successful prior teaching experience in music for the appropriate grade level preferred.
Applications will be considered when submitted via our online application system with TalentEd. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.attleboroschools.com. Follow the Quick Link to Employment Opportunities, and the job link to TalentEd Hire Pro to apply for this job.